(As updated on June 7, 2018)
WizIQ is an online service dedicated to helping all learners and teachers to connect more effectively with one another. The personal data you choose to provide on this site is used to help you describe yourself to other users, and helps WizIQ provide its services.
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. (GDPR, Art 4., Definitions)
WizIQ respects your privacy and we want you to understand how we collect, store, use, and share your personal data. The policy also illustrates your rights to access, correct, restrict and/or delete your personal data that we have on you.
Data that we collect on you
WizIQ properties use automated ways of collecting your data, necessary to provide the products and services offered by us.
- Systems Data: Technical data about your computer or device, such as the IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types
- Usage Data: Courses created, live classes created, live classes and courses enrolments, attendance, revenue from the courses and classes and data on similar areas
- Cookies & Log Files:
- One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you have logged into your WizIQ account. The next time you visit the WizIQ web site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user and thus you need not login to use the service. In order to access or change any of your private information (like a credit card number), you must login with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the WizIQ site in any of your visits you will be prompted to input your password to log in to your WizIQ account. Another type of cookie, called a “session” cookie, is used to identify your particular visit to the WizIQ site. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
- Complying with the communication standards on the Internet, we automatically receive the URLs of the sites you previously surfed and moved on while your visit to WizIQ site. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve the WizIQ service. The linkage between your IP address and your personal data is never shared with third-parties without your permission or except when required by law.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you:
- Sign-up on WizIQ for the free trial access
- Provide your information to contact us
- Ask for a demo
- Use chat services on WizIQ Properties to connect
- Sign-up on website pages hosted in www.wiziq.com domain
- Login or Sign-up to other WizIQ Properties
- Browse through pages on WizIQ Properties
- Upload personal data on WizIQ Properties
- Connect with WizIQ sales, support and service teams on email, phone or using third party applications
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provide relevant and useful promotional offers related to WizIQ products
- Communicate periodically with you on email, calls, sms and chat tools to respond to your queries, inform about the product updates, company newsletters, provide support and service, share product tutorials and live session information
- Send information on relevant educational webinars over email and phone
- Process payments: WizIQ platform subscription, paid course enrolments and paid live class enrolments
- Create reports on your courses, live classes and other specific analytics related activities
- Comply with legal obligations necessary for doing business and business administration purposes
Who we share your personal data with?
WizIQ takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party or parties for marketing or monetary purposes.
To provide necessary services, we only share this information with third party software application services who process your personal data with strict privacy constraints.
For instance, we use the services of a credit card processing company to bill our users for subscription fees. These third parties do not retain, share, or store this personal data or its part other than a purpose to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
WizIQ’s v1 offers a “web profile” feature which allows users to publish portions of their WizIQ profile, including “name” and other personal data to the public Internet. Settings in the application allow you to publish or disable personal data the way you choose.
We may provide aggregated data about the usage of our services to third-parties necessary for running the business. We will ensure that the third parties abide by the enforced privacy laws of the geography (such as the GDPR in the European Economic area).
Communications between Users
Many emails you initiate through WizIQ, will list your email address and name in the header of the message. Other communications that you initiate through the WizIQ website, like a request for the teacher, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated your interest to establish contact with each other.
What are your rights?
You have several rights regarding the use of your data and it is your choice of what data you provide to us and how you want us to use your data. Having said that, WizIQ needs the certain specific type of information to enable you on the WizIQ platform and if you choose not to provide these information, WizIQ will be unable to render you our services.
You may choose to provide, update, restrict and/or delete your data and account on WizIQ. Many such actions are already automated in the WizIQ academy. For example, you can delete and update your live classes, your courses and course files directly from the academy. Other actions that you want to take on your data will be executed by WizIQ.
You may also choose to retrieve your personal data from WizIQ. Most of the data is present in your academy such as recorded videos and contact information. In specific cases, you may reach out to WizIQ as mentioned below.
With the specifics of your need, you have to submit your request with WizIQ at firstname.lastname@example.org. WizIQ will be able to serve your request in a reasonable amount of time. Please send your request using an email account that you have registered with WizIQ under your name.
What is our policy on children?
WizIQ discourages children(below 16 years of age in European Economic Area, below 13 years elsewhere) to submit their data without parental consent.
In case we detect personal data submission from children, we will inform (via email or phone) the user to get permission from their parents or legal guardians. If we do not receive a confirmation on the action required from their parents or legal guardians within 15 days, we will delete the user personal data.
Parents or legal guardians who believe that WizIQ may have collected personal data from their child under those ages, can submit a request at email@example.com to approve or remove their child’s personal data.
Where do we store your data?
To help with the business operations, most of your personal data that you provide to us, is stored in the secure storage servers located in the USA.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal data when required by law. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
1101 Pemberton Hill Rd, Suite 101
Apex, NC 27502
Phone: +1-919-647-4727│Fax: +91-988-299-17
1-800-567-8059 (Toll Free)
authorGEN Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
C-133, Fourth Floor
Industrial Area, Phase – VIII
Mohali, Punjab – 160071
1-800-3000-1771 (Toll Free)
WizIQ, Authorgen Technologies Pvt Ltd,
Unit No: 942-946, 9th Floor,
JMD Megapolis, Sector 48,
Gurugram, Haryana – 122018,