Cyber-Savvy: Keeping Our Students, Our Data, and Our Well-Being Safe in this Digital World
With the ever-expanding proliferation of digital devices and content, it has never been more important to understand how to protect our privacy and our identities while also not giving away so much of our time and thoughts to the ubiquitous influence of the digital world.
The students are growing up in a digital-race, and many of them seem far too comfortable in giving up their privacy and succumbing to the enticement of digital media and apps. Realizing the need to raise their awareness regarding how they are being sought out by cybercriminals and manipulated by technology purveyors, we are coming up with a webinar on how to keep our students, our data, and our well-being safe in this digital world.
Join this webinar by acclaimed educator and Edtech expert, Kelly Walsh, and learn about:
- The number one cause of successful account hacks
- One of the most overlooked methods to keep your information and your devices secure
- The psychological tricks that some app vendors use to keep us connected
- The impact of lost sleep, FOMO, and concerns about online social acceptance
- How some technology companies are “helping us” by removing our choices
Date and Time: Friday, September 07, 2018 | 12 PM ET | 9:30 PM IST
- Kelly Walsh: Kelly Walsh is the Chief Information Officer at The College of Westchester, where he also teaches and oversees the institution’s cybersecurity initiatives. While being an advocate of the today’s digital technologies, Walsh strives for a balanced perspective and works to open our eyes to the downsides of technology misuses.