Getting off to a good start with Flipped Learning
Do you want your students to be excited about coming to your class every day? Do you want to make a life-long learners out of your students? If your answer to both these questions is ‘Yes’ – then you would want to know more about ‘Flipped Learning’.
Simply put, flipped learning involves giving concepts for students to study (via videos or learning material, online) at home and then guiding students to do practice or dive deeper into concepts through projects or case-studies in the class. Teachers can see ‘live’ if their students have been able to grasp and guide them to apply their acquired knowledge better and clarify doubts that the students may have.
Learn How to Flip Your Class like a Pro
So, how can you transform your traditional class into a technology-enabled flipped learning classroom? Learn from one of the best educators in the world of flipped learning in how to do this like a pro.
Guiding you will be Kate Baker, who is a recognized Jacobs Educator by the University of Indiana. She is also a contributing author of Flipping 2.0: Practical Strategies for Flipping Your Classroom and has over 18 years of teaching experience.
In this webinar, Kate will walk us through an organized approach to flipping your classroom:
- Determine Content and Time Line of Unit
- Determine Workflow
- Create Video Lessons and Assignments
- Curate Lessons and Assignments
- Create a Calendar/Pacing Guide and Identify Future Steps
Date and Time: Friday, August 03, 2018 | 12 PM ET | 9:30 PM IST
- Kate Baker: , M.Ed and MAIT, is an English teacher at Southern Regional High School in Manahawkin, NJ, and a contributing author of Flipping 2.0: Practical Strategies for Flipping Your Classroom. With two decades of teaching experience, Kate is adept at integrating technology in her classes using flipped-blended learning strategies, and is recognized as an Edmodo Certified Trainer and a PBS LearningMedia Local Digital Innovator. Passionate about evolving authentic learning into digital formats, Kate shares her expertise via Twitter chats, blogging, and presentations at conferences. Connect with Kate on Twitter @KtBkr4 and on her blog, Baker’s BYOD(kbakerbyodlit.blogspot.com).
- Kelly Walsh: Founder of EmergingEdTech.com, Community Administrator for the Flipped Learning Network, and CIO and Faculty of Administration at The College of Westchester in White Plains, NY.