The Beta version of WizIQ is now available to teachers and students for online tutoring and e-learning. Tutors can sign up free and make money online by teaching their subject of expertise. Students will be able to easily find a tutor, even in their local area by searching for teachers on the desired subject on WizIQ
Raleigh, NC, April 12, 2007 (PR.com)
WizIQ (http://www.wiziq.com/ ) is a new age online education platform, which empowers teachers to break the barrier of distance. Tutors can globally connect to students who want to learn online, from the comfort of their homes; students can learn and tutors can teach online from anywhere.
Harman Singh and Harbir Singh, the founders, have been in the e-learning space since 2002 driving authorGEN Technologies. They want WizIQ to grow to be a worldwide tutor directory, where anyone having expertise on any specific subject would be available to teach. The platform has already generated a lot of interest in the teaching community.
WizIQ helps tutors in the following ways:
- Offers a complete online teaching management system to its registered teachers without installing any software.
- Tutors get their own virtual classroom for free.
- Provides the ability to schedule a session online through a calendar at tutors’ convenience.
- Teachers can interact with students through an online whiteboard to share text or documents, and through a two-way audio and text chat.
- Teachers can build and market their profile on the web.
- Provides the ability to conduct one-on-one or group sessions online.
- Payments from learners can be easily managed.
- Teachers can maintain a learners’ corner.
- With a profile on WizIQ, teachers will not feel the need to search for online teaching jobs or teaching positions; they can schedule and get paid for every teaching hour at will.
This is the tutor registration page: http://www.wiziq.com/userprofile/become_teacher.aspx
And students can:
- Find the best teachers on the subject they wish to learn
- Learn from home, live through the Internet through an easy-to-use and interactive browser based interface, without installing anything
- Pay what they can afford; teacher profiles show pricing upfront
Students can register here: http://www.wiziq.com/Register.aspx
A tutor profile on WizIQ shows teaching and training experience, education, subjects and levels of expertise, time zones and hours of availability, charges for teaching per hour, and teaching preferences. Teachers can also offer free trial sessions if they so desire. WizIQ is a very thoughtful and functional offering in the e-tutoring/learning space. This platform for distance education holds a lot of promise in the e-learning space.
WizIQ is the single point on the web for all your learning and teaching needs, offering a virtual classroom environment for distance education to connect teachers and students in real time.