A guide on how to use WizIQ Virtual Classroom plugin for Moodle
Hello, teachers! If you’re using Moodle for eLearning and are looking to deliver live instruction from it, try WizIQ Moodle virtual classroom plugin. The live class plugin brings all additional capabilities required to schedule, manage and deliver live lessons from Moodle. Supporting all Moodle versions up to 3.5, it is comprehensive, eliminating the need for separate sign-on, dashboards or standalone apps.
This quick guide explains how teachers can schedule, edit, and manage classes, along with uploading content to use inside the WizIQ Virtual Classroom.
To schedule a class through the WizIQ-Moodle integration, the teacher has to create an instance of a WizIQ Live Class Activity. You can create such an instance by doing the following:
- Log into your Moodle Course
- Click on the Turn editing on button
- Select Add an activity from the drop-down menu
- Select WizIQ live class
- Fill in the Schedule WizIQ Live Class form by entering the following details:
- Enter a Title for your class
- Write Description about your class
- Enter a Timezone for your class
- Enter the Date and Time the class will be held
- Enter the class’s time Duration
- Set the Language of your Virtual classroom Interface:
- English – United States
- Spanish – Spain
- Portuguese – Portugal
- Hebrew – Israel
- Thai – Thailand
- Chinese – Hong Kong SAR
- Russian – Russia
- Arabic – Saudi Arabia
- French – France
- Polish – Poland
- Czech – Czech Republic
- Farsi / Persian – Iran
- Select the preferred Class recording option
- No: Disable the class recording
- Yes: Record this class
Manage and Upload Content
WizIQ understands that class time is precious. Uploading PDFs, Word/PowerPoint/Excel documents, audio/video files, and other formats takes time: time that’s better spent interacting with your attendees. That’s why WizIQ offers functionality allowing teachers to upload content to their Content Library before the class begins, right from within Moodle.
While within the WizIQ Virtual Classroom, you then can access your Content Library from the WizIQ classroom’s dashboard, and share anything within it with your students.
Add files to your Content Library
- Click on your WizIQ Live Class from within Moodle.
- Select the Manage Content tab in the top navigation bar.
- If you want to upload this content into a folder, either navigate into that folder, or click on Create Folder to create a new folder (then navigate into it).
- Select Upload a File.
Edit the class
WizIQ allows you to edit WizIQ class settings and content from within Moodle. This feature is quite useful when you want to postpone a class, or change time or dates. To make changes to your class, do the following:
- Click on your WizIQ class within Moodle.
- From the class confirmation page, click on Edit Class.
- Make the desired changes and click Save and return to course or Save and Display.
When you edit the class within Moodle, the related information is displayed on the class confirmation page, and which automatically synchronizes with the student’s Moodle account.
The WizIQ Virtual Classroom records every time students log in and out. It then generates an attendance report by the end of class, which teachers can download to use for their own records or to share with parents. To view your attendance report:
- Click on your WizIQ Class within Moodle.
- From the class confirmation page, select Attendance Report. (Alternatively, from the Manage Classes tab in the top navigation bar, select Attendance Report next to the WizIQ Live Class.)
- Your attendance report shows you the following details:
- Attendee Name: Name of the attendee.
- Entry Time: When the attendee arrived.
- Exit Time: When the attendee left.
- Attended Time: How long the attendee was in the class (in minutes).
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- OpenDocument Spreadsheet (ODS)
- tab separated values text file
- comma separated values text file
- unpaged XHTML document
Get class recordings
All classes on WizIQ can be recorded. Teachers can then allow students to view the recordings online, or download them for later reference. Recorded classes capture media sharing (audio/video), desktop sharing, and content sharing within the main portion of the WizIQ Virtual Classroom (but not in Breakout Rooms).
Students can launch a recorded session directly from their Moodle course page.
To view or download class recordings:
- Click on your WizIQ Class within Moodle.
- From the class confirmation page, select View Recording or Download recording. You will be taken to the page shown below.
- Alternatively, you can view or download your recording from the Manage Classes tab in the top navigation bar
Download this free guide on how to use WizIQ Moodle live class plugin to deliver online, face-to-face learning from your Moodle LMS.