Indiana, United States
George Machlan is the founder of Edupunk at WizIQ.
This group of pilgrims called "The Edupunk" are seeking a new paradigm for online learning. We hold to several core principals:
1. All can teach, all should teach
2. Mistakes and willing to risk mistakes are much prefered over the false goal of perfection.
3. Fun activities and gaming are not only more engaging, they are the key to a sustainable model for learning... anything.
4. Live interaction and group activities create the basis for deep and experiential learning.
5. Accountability and competition is the basis of our community. We build and only associate with leaders who can recognize that they and every member have knowledge to share.
The Edupunk at WizIQ is dedicated to the empowerment of all to teach and share knowledge. This and other similar classes are forward looking to the learner and Internet connected citizens of the future. We are a new people, even to the level of how are brains are wired. We need new tools and modalities of interrelating, primarily online. Edupunk is committed to anyone who wishes to reach their full potential and particularly their highest calling... contribute to the tribe.
Learning a second language is also an art, yet in most schools, colleges, and universities it's taught as if it were a science.
George teaches real English and his style, method is very stimulating, challenging as well as enjoyable.
Everybody feels comfortable and happy learning the language.
So, it looks like practising English could be fun.