DR. BEENA AGARWAL
Dr. Beena Agarwal is a PHD in Biology who has 18 years experience in commercialisation of Plant tissue culture in eastern zone of India. She has successfully tutored students as lecturer for 2 years.
PHD in study of cytology, morphology, phytochemistry & tissue culture of dioscorea floribunda,d. Composita,d.prazeri & d. Deltoidea ,a detailed comparative study.
Scientific Research Achievements :
Main streams of successful commercially viable Research done:
- Tissue Culture of Tea (Camellia Sinensis).
- Anther Culture of Tea (Camellia Sinensis).
- Callus Culture & Micropropagation of Jojoba (Simmondsia Sinensis)
- Micropropagation of more than 80 genera of temperate & tropical Orchids
- Micropropagation of different genera of Lilies.
- Micropropagation of Carnations.
- Micropropagation of Papayas.
- Micropropagation of Petunias.
- Micropropagation of Coleus.
- Micropropagation of Philodendron, Dieffenbachia, Syngonium, Spathiphyllum & other house plants.
- And many more...
She lives in Calcutta, India.