Couple to Couple League Teaches Natural Family Planning Online with WizIQ
The Couple to Couple League (CCL) is an international, Catholic, non-profit organization that teaches natural family planning (NFP) to married or engaged couples in order to promote fertility awareness. Founded in 1971, CCL is the largest NFP provider in the United States, with a worldwide presence 23 other countries.
It was not until 2012 that CCL sought to launch their online program. The need to reach couples located far and wide, improve student-teacher ratios, and meet the high demand for an online course from younger couples pushed the organization to deliver live, interactive eLearning classes.
Determined to reach a wider audience, CCL decided to launch an online program in 2012. They chose WizIQ right away, because of its state-of-the-art Virtual Classroom, robust tools, ease of use, and affordability. The user-friendly WizIQ Virtual Classroom has all the features CCL needed to deliver live, fully interactive eLearning sessions.
Since partnering with WizIQ, CCL teachers and students have reported great satisfaction with their online sessions. They enjoy WizIQ Virtual Classroom’s convenient, easy-to-use interface, and are benefiting from features like:
- Live Video Streaming: CCL’s teachers and students develop a special bond as well-trained NFP tutors, who are couples themselves, share with other married or engaged couples the virtuous application of NFP in their own marriages. The face-to-face communication provided by WizIQ’s live video streaming feature creates a friendly atmosphere similar to a traditional classroom—something CCL needed with the nature of their online sessions.
- Live Text and Video Chats: CCL is able to provide highly interactive eLearning sessions by communicating using WizIQ’s live text chat feature. Couples can use the text chats to pose questions, and CCL teachers are able to respond quickly. In addition to real-time text chats, instructors can communicate with learners using WizIQ Virtual Classroom’s multiway audio streaming and six simultaneous video chats. With such personal material being taught, CCL also values WizIQ’s private text chat feature that lets couples wishing to ask sensitive questions easily do so.
- Built-in Media Player: Since each NFP class includes a video lesson, WizIQ Virtual Classroom’s ability to play multimedia content allows CCL instructors to present talks delivered by Catholic priests and a doctor on different concepts related to human fertility and NFP. WizIQ’s built-in Media Player enables CCL teachers to play these videos seamlessly – and securely – during live online class sessions.
- Powerful Content Library: CCL teachers enjoy having instructional content available for them to use for quick, uninterrupted access during live eLearning sessions. With WizIQ’s built-in Content Library, they can upload and store all kinds of digital content beforehand, such as slideshows, videos, Word documents, PDFs, audio files, and more, in file sizes up to 1GB. Then, CCL can share them instantly with their learners—with just the click of a button.
- Recorded Sessions: Learners will at times miss class, so CCL couples and teachers find WizIQ’s Recording feature to be extremely beneficial. When couples are unable to attend or would like to revisit a session, they can quickly access and review previous live session recordings.
- Multilingual Capabilities: CCL currently provides online NFP sessions for couples in English as well as Spanish. They value WizIQ Virtual Classroom’s multilingual support for 19 languages including English, French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese, Thai, Russian, Arabic, Polish, Czech, Malay, Persian/Farsi, Turkish, and Dutch. With WizIQ’s multilingual platform, CCL can also grow as needed to offer NFP sessions to couples around the world.
- Instant Feedback: CCL is interested in what their learners have to say about the NFP sessions and the instructor, so they enjoy the WizIQ tools that enable instructors to receive post-session feedback. Hearing the couples’ views allows CCL to further improve the quality of their sessions to optimize the NFP they provide.
- Breakout Sessions: With the Breakout Sessions enabled by WizIQ Virtual Classroom, CCL has the flexibility to instruct large groups and then break them up for one-on-one or small group instruction as needed during live sessions.
Experience success with online teaching via WizIQ
WizIQ has helped CCL modernize their teaching, reach couples in remote areas, and attract a new generation of learners to their NFP courses. Since implementing the robust WizIQ Virtual Classroom, CCL has been able to successfully deliver 800 live, interactive, online learning sessions—and it has been a big success:
- Increased student enrollment: While traditional classes make up 78% of CCL’s instruction, live online sessions (12%) are rapidly increasing in number. More and more students are switching from traditional classes to online instruction because of its convenience, anonymity, and privacy. In fact, CCL’s online NFP programs more than doubled from 2012 to 2014, increasing from 418 to 922 couples.
- Global expansion: CCL’s partnership with WizIQ and live online program has enabled them to reach hundreds of couples around the world. For instance, CCL’s partner organization in Colombia has seen dramatic growth by taking advantage of online Spanish teacher training sessions on WizIQ. With WizIQ’s ease of access, CCL can even reach couples located in remote areas.
Paving the way ahead with the help of WizIQ
With the help of WizIQ, CCL seeks to strengthen its online presence and become the most trusted organization for learning NFP. Moving into the future, they plan to:
- Deliver self-paced learning: To strengthen its digital presence, CCL aims to offer a new self-paced online curriculum to meet the needs of today’s busy students, using dynamic self-paced learning enabled by WizIQ Virtual Classroom platform.
- Provide Spanish NFP classes: Spanish-speaking Catholics in the United States are an increasing demographic, and CCL offers these couples NFP classes with the help of WizIQ’s multilingual platform.
- Broaden development infrastructure: In the months and years ahead, CCL looks to continue to improve and explore new avenues of providing support to Catholic couples, and WizIQ will be there to help every step of the way.
Since 2012, CCL has successfully delivered 800 live online sessions on WizIQ Virtual Classroom, and they are a big hit. In fact, CCL’s online NFP programs more than doubled from 2012 to 2014, increasing from 418 to 922 couples. Moving forward, to meet the needs of today’s busy students, the organization aims to strengthen its digital presence and offer a new self-paced online curriculum with the help of WizIQ.
Download this free case study to learn how robust WizIQ Virtual Classroom enables CCL to offer natural family planning to couples in English and Spanish.