University Uses WizIQ to Re-define Distance Education in India
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) is a distance education university set-up in 1989, and in the last 25 years, has delivered meaningful education to thousands of students. With the mounting progress of technology in all fields, and its successful integration with education, YCMOU now envisages an era where distance education could use technology and deliver even more to a larger audience.
YCMOU, in collaboration with WizIQ came up with a concept to deliver significantly enhanced interactive distance courses to scholars and learners. This program primarily revolves around the seamless integration of technology with learning and is based on the concepts of “Virtual Online Classes (LVOC)”, which can be simultaneously webcasted to 1500 or more students.
YCMOU wanted to revolutionize Distance education. They needed a platform that:
• Made live interaction possible
• Facilitated easy and effective communication
• Delivered material to the student with ease
With the help of WizIQ, YCMOU was able to achieve all of the above objectives.
The WizIQ for Teachers and Learners creates intuitive, comfortable spaces for people to learn and share ideas. With its seamless browser-based technology, the WizIQ is so elegant in its design that you won’t even realize it’s there. The WizIQ is replete with features that enable true collaboration and interaction, including:
– Live Streaming Audio and Video, where teachers and students can see and hear each other. The communication barriers often encountered in long-distance courses have been stripped down, and professors are able to explore topics in greater detail in comparison to the past.
– An online, interactive bulletin board, called Course Feed, which enables students to continue their conversations after class is over.
– An interactive Chatbox, that enables the larger audience to respond in real-time to what the lecturer is saying, by asking questions, making comments, and using emoticons to express interest, enthusiasm or confusion.
WizIQ was able to help YCMOU run a program that helped it overcome the challenges associated with Distance education. Download this free paper to know how WizIQ helped YCMOU and how it can help you to run a successful online course.