Which of these describes the autonomic nervous system?
2. The central, peripheral, and the autonomic nervous systems______________________.
3. The peripheral nervous system is made up of ____________________________.
4. Which of these is not the function of the peripheral nervous system?
5. What will happen if a person injures part of his/her brain?
6. The spinal cord is protected by the spinal column because it is ___________________________.
7. This is a small part of the brain which coordinates voluntary muscular actions and maintains balance in the body.
8. How do the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves work?
9. Why is the brain enclosed in the skull?
10. This is the largest part of the brain and it controls mental processes such as thinking, memorizing, and decision-making.
11. What is the usual path of messages received by the body from the environment?
12. Why are some parts of the body more sensitive than the others?
13. Which of the following is a reflex action?
17. An inflammation of the covering of the of the brain and the spinal cord
18. A germ-caused disorder which may cause a person to be sleepy all the time.
19. A condition manifested by convulsions.
20. Caused by a viral infection which destroys the motor nerves in the spinal cord.
16. Why is our nervous system important?
15. Which animal has rabies virus that can cause death when someone is bitten by the animal?
14. Which of the following is a safety practice in the bathroom?