System & Device Check
About the Class
Promoting Collaborative Learning through Wikis by Dr. Revathi Viswanathan
About the Presenter:
I am an Associate Professor teaching technical and business English to tertiary level students. I have conducted projects on using various technological tools such as Blog, Mobile, Podcasts, Moodle and Wiki for enhancing language learning among students. I like to participate and present papers in National and International conferences that are conducted across the globe.
About the Presentation:
This paper would highlight the possibility of making students learn business English through online discussions. It would further discuss the need for creating an online learning environment with the help of a Web 2.0 tool to promote such learning. In an action research conducted recently in a management classroom the researcher could make her students actively participate in online discussion through Wiki. The researcher created separate pages in Wiki for various groups and encouraged students to discuss the promotional strategies for marketing a product that they were familiar with. About 70% of students participated in the study. It was evident that they could use business English effectively by collaborating with others and also learn corporate work culture.
Integrating Technology for Active Life-long Learning
CO11 on IT4ALL Moodle & WiZiQ
Feb 4-6, 2011
Welcome to the annual connecting online live online conference (CO11). You are cordially invited to participate at the live online conference on the weekend of Feb 4-6 2011.
The conference will be of interest to educators, administrators, students, and community members who value the importance of integrating technology into the curriculum to improve instruction and learning. Online learning involves various skills on the part of the instructor and learner. These include social and communication skills, social networking, independent learning strategies, critical and higher order thinking skills, creativity, and effective online and face-to-face facilitation. In addition, there are may challenges that the educators, administrators, students, and community members face.
The CO11 will be conducted on IT4ALL Moodle with the presentations on WiZiQ through the Moodle.
The themes for the presentations are:
- Connecting Online to Improve Instruction and Learning: Online Learning and Instructional Experience
- Experiences with technology in face-to-face and online classes. What worked and what didn't work for you?
- How do you use technology to promote and sustain your online workshops, consultation, and communities of practice and learning?
- Research conducted on e-learning, blended online learning, and blended learning.
- Reviewing or promoting books on integrating technology into the classroom, e-learning, blended learning, and blended online learning.
- Challenges administrators, instructors, students, and community members face in connecting online.
Language of instruction: