This recording was deleted by teacher.
System & Device Check
About the Class
Techlish is not a word. It sounds like ticklish which is the common word used for describing one who can be moved to laughter by touching parts of the body or psyche. This class has the potential for being very boring but it is the presenter's intention to have some fun. We will be using a lot of support materials and internet resident information to make this interesting and hopefully fun.
The type of technical English we will be pursuing is of a specific kind. That being project oriented documentation, schedules and drawings which one must be able to accurately interpret to be successful. One of my key components in teaching of English is that the English language learning should be a secondary goal of any given class.
Learning in and of itself is not natural for most students. Learning to communicate with a new language is much better achieved by keeping it within the context of a more sustainable learning paradigm. In this case I will endeavour to interest you in an ongoing project. Sharing the vision, building and interesting day-to-day activities should prove more interesting and motivating for a normal person.
This is an experimental class. I am not sure how the classes will develop. Nor do I fully appreciate the ESL student's needs in advanced English. I am more of a coach than a teacher and particularly a motivator. I hope to share enough tools and encouragement that you will be able to continue learning without teachers.
- 1.Headsets (mic and earphones) are required for active participation.
- Homework - you are expected to review materials prior to attending classes.
- Participation - you will only be considered an good co-learner if you comment at the class blogs and at WizIQ Project Management Community or English Community.
- Attendance - Live class attendance is not required but you must review recorded sessions to stay current and not slow down class progress. Note: students who begin later in the course need not review all but should review enough to not slow down class progress.
- It is expected that all students will begin to give their own classes, either within this class schedule or create your own classes at WizIQ.
- Bring your own research to class or post to blog (yours or the class blogs) we are all learning.
- Have fun. If you cannot relax and have fun in a learning environment, please go elsewhere.
- G-mail you must acquire a gmail account (or a friend who can get one) to access some of the core class material.
Docs - Content page A and MP3 can be found in this Google Doc folder:
LINK to Doc Folder
Link to Plans
Project pictures and videos are accessible via class specific website which will be available to those with Gmail account.
WizIQ class listings (note: not in order)
Language of instruction:
Keywords: techlish, esl, english