System & Device Check
About the Class
A brief about the topic
- To improvise the teaching methodology with new techniques using new methods and approaches of teaching English.
- To enhance the tough students to improve their communication skills in a very easy manner.
- To make the open session more interesting and enthusiastic with the students.
- To implement the concepts in the practical classroom in a lively environment.
Class Room Procedures
- To distinguish the notions of approach, method and procedure
- To understand the rationale and the salient features of
- The S-O-S Approach/Method
- The Structural Oral situational approach)
A typical lesson in S-O-S approach is completed in three phases:
- Presentation: Introduction of new vocabulary/grammatical items in contexts.
- Practice: Oral but controlled practice of the items.
- Production: a free practice in the language items learnt in Phase (b).
- It helps to develop a learners competence in the use of structures in the target language.
- Its emphasis on the use of language in contexts and situations that are in immediate environment made it more viable.
- Concrete linguistic items are taught through demonstration and abstract ideas through association.
- Class room teaching and learning are made enjoyable.
Language of instruction: