The test for screen sharing failed. What should I do?
If the test for screen sharing fails, you might have to check the status of Java
plugin for your browser.
There could one of the following two reasons for failure:
1. Java plugin is disabled. Resolve it by going to browser settings and enable Java plugin
2. The Java version might require an update. Go to Java.com and update
I have Google Chrome and facing audio/video & screen sharing problems in my
Once in a while I get this message on screen:
"The version of your Chrome browser may seriously impair audio video quality…"How
can I fix this?
WizIQ users, who are running the virtual classroom on Chrome browser version 21
or above, may experience a delay in audio and video streaming, even with sufficient
You can use one of the following fixes:
- Use Internet Explorer, Firefox,
Safari or Opera browsers, instead of the version 21 of the Google Chrome browser.
- Disable the default Flash Pepper
(PPAPI) plugin in Chrome 21 by following these steps:
- Type chrome://plugins in the browser tab.
- Click + to expand Details in the upper-right area of the screen.
- Locate the Shockwave Flash plugin in the list.
- Ensure that Shockwave Flash plugin of Type: NPAPI, is in the list and it is
- Now locate the Shockwave Flash plugin of the Type: PPAPI (out-of-process).
- Click Disable for the PPAPI Flash plugin.
- Re-launch the browser.
* If you do not have NPAPI type of Shockwave Flash plugin, then download the latest version of the Flash Player from Adobe. On the download
page, you may see a message: Adobe Flash Player is built-in but has been disabled.
Ignore this message and uncheck the “Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus – optional”
option before downloading the Flash Player.
I can't hear properly or there is a lag/dropped words in the voice or jerky video?
- Lag or dropped words in the voice occur due to slow Internet connection or high
- Check speed of your Internet connection using the system configuration test listed
- Close a few or all applications that you don’t require in the class to free
No one can hear me?
- If you are an attendee, ensure that the presenter has allowed you to use mic.
- Test your microphone in audio tests; make sure your mic is plugged in and is working.
- Check your microphone is not muted.
- If a particular attendee is not able to hear you, suggest ensuring
if the speakers are unmute and level of volume is sufficient.
See more FAQs