With traditional marketing practices & public relations becoming a thing of past, how are organizations marketing globally? By being more open and participative.
Social media is at the forefront of driving this revolution.
Don't lag behind. Learn how to use social media for your business as well.
Utilizing social media tools isn’t an option anymore. However, social media can be a waste of time if not done right. This course helps the student focus on the tools that are relevant to a specific business or organization and develop a social media plan that is manageable and applicable.
Following topics are covered:
- Apply effective tactics and optimization techniques to the most popular social media tools.
- Plan and prepare an optimized and manageable social media strategy.
- Learn from real-world examples and step-by-step supplemental screen casts.
- Hone skills as a social media strategist.
- Apply integration techniques to help minimize the workload of social media.
- Use metrics and analytics tools to evaluate social media efforts.
- Apply search optimization techniques to social media content.
- Establish social media guidelines and policies.
- Course is taught with an emphasis on online ethics and best practices.
- Updated regularly to include changes in existing tools, and inclusion of emerging tools.
Instructed by the author who wrote one of the first books on social media, The Social Media Survival Guide is the answer to your marketing problems.
This course is designed for budding businesses who haven’t realized full potential of social media tools. Professionals looking for promotions and new opportunities will also benefit from this course.
The Social Media Survival Guide online course Package:
- 39 recorded lectures and screencasts and 23 supplemental videos
- One 23 page supplemental PPT
- Two worksheets and a skills checklist
- Online test - Skills checklist
The Social Media Survival Guide Course Outline:
Specific breakdown of course content with video durations and document specs:
- Lecture 1: Introduction to The Social Media Survival Guide 02:56
Chapter One: RSS Feeds and Blogging with WordPress:
- Lecture 2: RSS Feeds and Social Technologies 12:50
- Lecture 3: Starting and Planning a Blog 05:53
- Lecture 4: Setting Up a Wordpress Blog or CMS 11:51
- Lecture 5: Populating Your WordPress Blog 11:25
- Lecture 6: Anatomy of a WordPress Blog Post 12:02
- Lecture 7: Blogging Best Practices 09:25
Supplemental Videos for Chapter One
- Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard (Supplemental Video) 09:09
- Introduction to Themes (Supplemental Video) 08:32
- Choosing Themes (Supplemental Video) 06:29
- Anatomy of a WordPress Blog Post (Supplemental Video) 06:51
- Formatting WordPress Blog Posts (Supplemental Video) 08:21
- Embedding Images (Supplemental Video) 09:33
- Embedding Video (Supplemental Video) 08:44
- Creating Optimized Blog Posts (Supplemental Video) 11:34
- Creating Static Pages (Supplemental Video) 10:35
- Creating Custom Menus (Supplemental Video) 06:14
- Populating Sidebars (Supplemental Video) 13:08
- WordPress Plugins (Supplemental Video) 10:43
- Installing WordPress (Supplemental Video) 30:46
- All in One SEO Plugin for WordPress (Supplemental Video) 16:06
Chapter Two: Social Networking
- Lecture 8: Creating Facebook Pages 10:27
- Lecture 9: Facebook Settings 06:08
- Lecture 10: Promoting Facebook Pages 10:57
- Lecture 11: LinkedIn 06:46
- Lecture 12: Google Plus Profiles 08:45
- Lecture 13: Google Plus Pages 04:29
Supplemental Videos for Chapter Two:
- Verifying Your Google Plus Page (Supplemental Video) 09:20
- Creating a Custom Facebook Tab (Supplemental Video) 09:00
Chapter Three: Twitter and Mobile Technologies:
- Lecture 14: Introduction to Twitter 04:04
- Lecture 15: Anatomy of a Tweet 08:17
- Lecture 16: Other Twitter Features 03:43
- Lecture 17: Twitter Optimization and Tactics 06:36
- Lecture 18: Mobile Technologies and Websites 06:36
- Lecture 19: Mobile Apps and Other Mobile Tactics 07:52
Supplemental Videos for Chapter Three:
- Creating a Mobile Shortcut (Supplemental Video) 03:41
- Creating an Mobile Optimized Landing Page (Supplemental Video) 15:01
- Mobile Web Book Trailer (Supplemental Video) 03:15
Chapter Four: Social Bookmarking and Media Sharing Sites:
- Lecture 20: Social Bookmarking and Crowd-Sourced Sites 06:23
- Lecture 21: Media Sharing Communities and Flickr 06:38
- Lecture 22: YouTube 06:20
- Lecture 23: Document Sharing Communities and Slideshare 04:28
- Lecture 24: Pinterest and Best Practices 06:28
Supplemental Videos for Chapter Four:
- Creating a YouTube Gallery (Supplemental Video) 03:12
- Creating Interactive YouTube Videos (Supplemental Video) 06:47
Chapter Five: Widgets and Integration:
- Lecture 25: Introduction to Widgets 05:09
- Lecture 26: Types of Widgets 04:20
- Lecture 27: Widget Examples 08:05
- Lecture 28: WordPress.com Widgets and Best Practices 03:47
- Lecture 29: Integrating Your Social Media Tools 05:15
- Lecture 30: Creating an Integration Plan and Map 05:21
Supplemental Videos for Chapter Five:
- Finding and Placing Social Media Badges (Supplemental Video) 09:24
- Creating Custom Widgets (Supplemental Video) 13:05
- Integration Plans and Maps (Supplemental Presentation) 23 pages
Chapter Six: Search Optimization and Social Media Analytics:
- Lecture 31: Traditional and Mobile Search Engines 12:21
- Lecture 32: Optimizing for Social Media Engines 06:52
- Lecture 33: Optimization Framework 04:42
- Lecture 34: Social Media Analytics Strategy 03:02
- Lecture 35: Internal Analytics Tools 05:32
- Lecture 36: External Analytics Tools 04:52
- Lecture 37: Social Media Analytics Examples 05:46
Chapter Seven: Preparing a Social Media Strategy and Plan:
- Lecture 38: Pitching Social Media 06:23
- Lecture 39: Preparing a Social Media Strategy and Plan 04:17
Supplemental Worksheets for Chapter Seven:
- Worksheet: Social Media Analysis and Strategy 2 page PDF
- Worksheet: Social Media Plan 3 page PDF
Additional Course Material:
- Skills Checklist 3 page PDF