About the Course
Language of Instruction: English
Moodle MOOC 2 on WizIQ
Moodle MOOC 2 on WizIQ starts October 1, 2013. The MOOC will focus on Transpersonal Active Learning (TAL) via Moodle and other personal and professional learning environments (PLEs). There will be two learning areas: WizIQ course area
and Moodle for Teachers
(M4T) Moodle website. The live online sessions and recordings will be available on the WizIQ course area. The MOOC offers a free Moodle for Teachers Learning Experience (M4TLE) courses for beginners and advanced Moodlers on M4T Moodle site.
Unlike the traditional MOOCs that stress content and course delivery, Moodle MOOC will focus on active learning, reflection, sharing, and collaboration. The aim of the course is for the participants to learn through meaningful connections and social interactions. Participants who wish to receive a certificate of participation will be required to document their learning experiences by keeping a blog, wiki, website, or any other artifact that will include a description and reflection of the live sessions or recordings.
Moodle for Teachers Learning Experien xce (M4TLE)
M4TLE is a self-paced component of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on WizIQ for teachers and anyone interested in teaching online using Moodle, WizIQ, and other web technologies. The course will take place in the month of October 2013. The MOOC is in the spirit of open education and is completely free.
Participants will become acquainted with Moodle as a course and learning management system. They will learn how Moodle can be used in fully online, blended learning, and the flipped class. The course will only include asynchronous (not dependent on time) element on a Moodle site called Moodle for Teachers. The course is self-paced with ongoing discussions (facilitator and technical support available), live online classes (recordings), videos, and other relevant content.
You will get ongoing support from the organizer of the MOOC
, from the course feed
on the course area on WizIQ, and/or by filling in the following google drive form
The workload for the MOOC includes participating or viewing the recordings of the live session and developing a reflective artifact in the form of a blog, wiki, google drive doc, website, web page on a website and so on to sustain the information relevant to your needs and your learning experiences. In addition, participants will be able to learn to manage a Moodle website as a teacher or manager. The course activities and resources
are available below.
Certificates of Completion
Participants, who are active on the coursefeed (discussions), attend all and/or view the recordings of all the sessions, reflect and write about the live sessions and share the link of their activities (blog, wiki, Moodle, facebook and other social networks) will be eligible for a certificate of completion. This aspect of the MOOC is ongoing, but time-based. The due date for the reflective practice is October 31, 2013.
There are 2 learning environments for the Moodle MOOC: WizIQ course area for the live classes (recordings), content (tutorials), and discussions: http://www.wiziq.com/course/20705-teaching-with-moodleMoodle Experience for a Moodle course: http://moodle4teachers.org
Live Online Classes
1.Moodle MOOC 2: Leveraging Tribe as a Means to Self Actualization with Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach
on Friday October 5, 2013 at 11 AM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.
2. Reaching Peak Learning via Creative Tasks and Reflective Writing by Dr. Ludmila Smirnova
on Sunday October 6, 2013 at 12 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here
3. How to find Joy in your everyday life with MeiMei Fox
on October 7, 2013 at 2 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.
4. Moodle MOOC 2: Review of Week 1 and Plans for Week 2 with Dr. Nellie Deutsch
on October 8, 2013 at 2 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.
5. Blending technologies and feedback for EFL writers with Benjamin Stewart
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 4 PM (EST Toronto Time). Check your timezone here.
6. Moodle MOOC 2: Week 3 Challenges & Best Practices in Moodle Activities with Dr. Nellie Deutsch
on October 11, 2013 at 2 PM EST Toronto. Check your timezone here.
7. Supernormal (Random House, July 2013) from a scientific perspective -- ancient legends about supernormal powers developed through the practice of yoga with Dr. Dean Radin
on October 12 at 4 PM (EST Toronto). Check your timezone here.
8. Yes! You CAN make your class interactive with Dr. Rachel Sale
on October 13, 2013 at 12 PM (EST Toronto). Check your timezone here.
9. Flipped Learning in an Online Course for Teachers with Dr. Marshall
Thursday, October 15, 2013 3:00 PM (EST Toronto Time). Check your timezone here
10. Technology That Tutors: Integration of the Blog as a Teaching Tool with Dr. Cheryl Kulikowski-Lentz
on Friday October 18, 2013 at 12PM (EST Toronto Time). Check your timezone here
11. Collaborative arenas for learning, a culture of sharing with Dr. Ebba Ossiannilsson
on Saturday October 19, 2013 at 10 AM (EST Toronto). Check your timezone here
12. Habits of Effective Connected Learners with Stephen Downes
on Sunday October 20, 2013 at 12 PM EST. Check your timezone here
13. Moodle MOOC 2: Challenges and Best Practices with Moodle Resources with Dr. Nellie Deutsch
on October 22, 2013 at 12 PM EST Toronto. Check your timezone here.
14. Personalizing Virtual Learning Space with Anita Zijdemans Boudreau
on October 24, 2013 at 12 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.
15. Wanted Home for Courses or Teaching Potential Researchers at the Edge of Science and Spirituality Online with Dr. Nancy Zingrone
on October 25, 2013 at 4 PM (EST Toronto Time). Check your timezone here
16. Moodle MOOC 2: Learning via teaching and sharing online with Dr. Ramesh C. Sharma
on Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:30 PM (EST). Check your timezone here.
17. Moodle MOOC 2: Moodle as a Course and Learning Management System
with Dr. Nellie Deutsch
on October 27, 2013 at 1 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.
18. Moodle MOOC 2: Expanding Learning via Interactive Online Storytelling "Out of Time" by Robin Stevens Payes affiliated with TechinEDU
on October 31, 2013 at 10 AM EST Toronto timezone.
19. Moodle MOOC 2: Wrapping Up and the Next MOOC with Dr. Nellie Deutsch
on October 31, 2013 at 3 PM EST Toronto time. Check your timezone here.